Monday, January 31, 2011

Running Day #15 - Running with my first minor injury

I think the hardest part of running is getting out the door. On somedays, it's also hard to keep running. But the feeling you get after finishing a run and cooling off is one of the best feelings in the world. The excitement, the need to do more, run farther and succeed. That is truly the greatest part of running.

Runkeeper Stats:

Just completed a 6.28 mi run with RunKeeper
Duration 1:00:25 Calories Burned 804
Average Pace 9:37 / mi Average Speed 6.24 mph Elevation Climb 300 ft

I almost ran a VERY long distance today. I stopped myself for two reasons: one, I wasn't sure if I had the time. And Two, I twisted my ankle around 2.5 miles. It didn't hurt, but my left foot didn't feel right. Hopefully it won't be sore.

Now this VERY LONG run is something I must do in the next couple of weeks. And I think I have a plan to make it happen. On February 19th, I have to come in at noon to do Saturday Maintenance. If I show up around 10, I can get a long run in and be ready to work by 12. Strongly considering this. We'll see.

Disney World Marathon 2012 Countdown: 341 days
Total Distance Ran (since 12/27/10): 80.13 miles / 2852.79 (miles to WDW from my house)Fastest Mile: 12/30/10 - 9:01 / mi
Longest Distance: 1/22/10 - 7.26 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment