Monday, January 10, 2011

My Birthday Wishes - Oh Yeah

So for the first time in years, I am excited about my birthday. My thinking is that I'm finally past all the family drama that has been going on since 2001, and looking towards the happiness that my own little family is currently having. It's nice to be surrounded by such happiness and joy. Add in there some good exercise, a new look at finances, and I got a pretty healthy future ahead of me.

So, for the first time in years, I'm going to make myself a wish list. Five of the top things that I would love for my birthday. My second list will be those things that I wish I could have when times are better. But lets do the first one first. Of course, there's one gift I'm leaving out, and that's private, and for a non-private sort of guy, that's saying something.

Let's do this David Letterman style:

5. Flesh Light - Okay, so not for the kiddies. But Kevin Smith has been pushing this item for the last couple of months, and dang it, I'm intrigued. Yes it's dirty, yes, it's something you don't really want to think of me doing, but dang it, this is my list and I'm putting things I'm interested in. If you REALLY want to know what it is, and don't mind going to a dirty site, I think the website is www.fleshlight.com, but better google it first.

4. Running Stuff - yeah, this ones vague. But I'm running now, and some of the cool running stuff out there is fun. Yes I need a new pair of running shoes, but in this economy, can't put that on the list. That just wouldn't be fair. Just a side note, I'm thinking about shaving my head for the marathon and putting the Pirates crossbones on the back of my head. That would be awesome.

3. Donkey Kong Country for the Wii - Wasn't going to put any video games on this list. Why? Video Games demand time, and I don't have time to play video games. I've got Epic Mickey, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Diablo 2 all waiting for me to play. Yet, I have no time. It's a bummer, I know.

2. Binaurial Microphones - These microphones actually fit inside your ear and you record sound around you. Used for Theme Parks and other fun stuff. Took a recorder to Disney World last year and recorded the kids saying some fun stuff, like learning the word "tushy" which was hilarious. Would like to record more of that stuff without having to hold the device, just clip the mics in my ears, put the recorder in my pocket and off I go.

1. Vinylmations - Those crazy Mickey collectibles that I can't get enough of. My boys get excited about them, I get excited about them, it's just fun to open that box and see one that you don't have. Love it, love it, love it.

That's it folks. If your looking at me going that gross, that's uncalled for, well, that's me. I'm not going to hold something back unless it involves someone else, and one of those items does so I'm keeping it quiet. That's my list this year, should be a great birthday no matter what I get. I think the boys might even go shopping, but I might have to wait til February for that. That should be fun. If Brodie had his choice, I'd get either a pony or a goat. Next time, I'll give the expensive wish for when time's are better. Don't give me that look, we all have that wish, just have to convince Hugh Hefner that I'm his long lost son.

No comments:

Post a Comment