Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Running Day #16 - Man Vs Wind

Getting out the door wasn't too hard today. But running, that was a different matter. 3 blocks in, I realized I better keep this one short. My left ankle/foot, the one I sprang yesterday, is still giving me issues. It felt weird just walking from my car to work this morning, not a good sign. But the weird thing was, my body really didn't want to shorten the run. So I kept going.


Just completed a 5.55 mi run with RunKeeper

Duration 0:53:56 Calories Burned 711
Average Pace 9:43 / mi Average Speed 6.17 mph Elevation Climb 274 ft

I was against the wind all the way to the bridge. When I hit the bridge, the wind gave me a "oh hell no" and started blowing extra hard. My hat almost flew off my head. I brought my head down, held my hand, took in air through my mouth, and ran through it. On the way back, I flew over the bridge, and got a good kick in the butt when I turned onto 16th. Was kind of wishing for a full push all the way down, instead, just a kick.

Had a minor scare on the bike trail. There were four shady looking people watching people go by. Wasn't sure I really wanted to run by them a second time, but they were gone when I returned. Kind of a relief. I am glad that the section I do run on is usually really populated by people or cars.

Disney World Marathon 2012 Countdown: 340 days
Total Distance Ran (since 12/27/10): 85.68 miles / 2852.79 (miles to WDW from my house)Fastest Mile: 12/30/10 - 9:01 / mi
Longest Distance: 1/22/10 - 7.26 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment